• Relationship Rehab: Through this dynamic couples therapy process, you and your partner will learn how to thrive interdependently rather than as two competing and separate wholes.
Relationship Rehab can be done in couples sessions, or in one of the variety of groups we offer. My Relationship Rehab services are primarily based on Relational Life Therapy, and heavily influenced by Emotionally Focused Therapy for couples. (See Below). While it is ideal to have both partners engage in the therapy, individuals whose partners are reluctant can improve their relationships by doing this work.
• Relational Life Therapy: Based on Terrence Real’s work, RLT helps you to integrate a whole new set of relationship skills.
You will uncover and disrupt the painful patterns that intensify disconnection and create conflict in your relationship. RLT is described in The New Rules of Marriage, Terrence Real’s provocative, best-selling book about intimate relationships.
• Emotionally Focused Therapy: Targeted for quick results, Emotionally Focused Therapy (based on the pioneering work of Sue Johnson) centers on identifying
and re-organizing your key emotional responses so that you can strengthen your relationships via new, more positive interactions.
• Relationship Education: Learn how to live a relational life, one in which you and
your partner are cherishing, respectful, and relationally savvy. Develop a respect for the natural ecology of relationships so you better understand the driving forces at play and successfully create a loving, mutually-beneficial partnership with your loved-one.
• Improved Communication Skills: Behavior is at the root of relationship distress.
You will learn new communication behaviors: how to complain constructively, listen generously, and how to simply request what you want. You will learn how to empower yourself and your partner through your words.
• Micro-Coaching: Through this process we will break down complicated relational
problems into small, bite-sized pieces so you can overcome them in a step-by-step fashion.
• Supportive Group Therapy: Our Relationship Life Skills support group will offer youa
safe haven in which to work through the problems specific to your situation. You will gain knowledge and support while you master a new set of skills.
• Process Group Therapy: The main focus of process group therapy is to aid in long-term therapeutic growth and change. By interacting with other group members you will achieve greater self-awareness and deeper introspection, which will significantly improve your relationship with your life partner, as well as in the other relationships in your life.
|Rates:||$150.00 per 50-minute session.
$215.00 per 80-minute session
Longer sessions will be pro-rated
|Insurance:||Services may be covered in part or in full by your health
I am on some insurance panels. Please check with your insurance carrier.
In any case, I am happy to provide an invoice for you to send to your insurance company
for reimbursement. In some cases, after we have established a therapeutic relationship, I will bill your insurance company directly and you will pay only a co-pay.
Please check your coverage carefully by asking the following questions:
• Do I have mental health benefits?
• Do my benefits cover couple’s counseling?
• What is my deductible and has it been met?
• How many sessions per calendar year does my plan cover?
• How much does my plan cover for an out-of-network provider?
• Is approval required from my primary care physician?
|Reduced Fee:||Reduced fee services are available on a limited basis.|
|Payment:||Cash or checks are accepted for payment at the time of service.|
|Cancellation Policy:||Cancellations must be made 24 hours in advance to avoid being
charged for the session.
Questions or Request an appointment:
Call me at (310) 265-6644
Psychotherapy Groups for Couples and Individuals
• Introductory Workshop: A New Vision for Your Relationship: This one and a half-hour meeting introduces you to Relationship Rehab. In this workshop, we explore new possibilities for you and your partner. It will enable you to enter couple’s therapy with knowledge and enthusiasm about embarking on this new chapter in your relationship’s journey. The New Vision workshop will set the foundation for learning to live relationally, answer your questions, and inspire you to take the next steps in making your relationship a success. NOTE: This workshop can be attended by individuals and couples. Ask for The Vision Workshop.
• Relational Life Skills Group for Couples The Relational Life Skills Group is an introduction to and immersion in the basic skills of relationship, as presented in The New Rules of Marriage, by Terrence Real. This educational, supportive group is for 3-4 couples. It requires a willingness to learn, and to deepen your relationship while supporting other couples who are doing the same. It is a twelve-session group that meets over the course of four months. Ask for The Skills Group.
• Relational Life Psychotherapy Process Group for Couples: The main focus of this process group is to provide an environment for long-term therapeutic growth and change. Meeting once a month for 3 to 4 hours, this group requires a one-year commitment. Limited to four carefully selected couples, the Relational Life Process Group will help you to integrate a whole new set of relationship skills, dramatically overhauling and improving the quality of your relationship. This group includes education, support, and group process. Ask for The Couple’s Process Group.
• Creating Healthy Relationships for Women Group: This long running, supportive process group meets in Torrance on Thursday nights. This group provides a warm, supportive, and challenging environment in which to build relationship skill. These skills apply to all of the different relationships in your life. Ask for The Women’s Process Group.
One 80 Minute Session
Information Gathering and Assessment
One 80 Minute Session-Goal Setting, Recommendations, Contracting for Successful Treatment
Two 45 Minute Individual Sessions
One for each partner